Windows Media Player Remote Control
Vectir allows full remote control of Windows Media Player from your mobile phone or IR remote control. Gain control of all main player controls, change tracks, open playlists and adjust the volume. The Vectir mobile application also allows remote playlist browsing and track selection. To run the Vectir mobile application you will need a mobile phone that supports Java and Bluetooth or WiFi.
Windows Media Player Features
- Player Commands
- Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Forward 10s, Back 10s, Stop, Toggle Repeat, Toggle Shuffle
- Playlist Commands
- Next Playlist, Previous Playlist, Load Playlist
- Both library playlists and playlists stored in a user specfied directory may be viewed and opened from a phone running Vectir mobile
- Volume Commands
- Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Preset Volume
- Window/Visual Commands
- Toggle Full Screen, Window Min/Max, Close Application
Windows Media Player Remote Profiles
The correct Windows Media Player remote profile should be activated in the Vectir PC software if you wish to control Vectir from your mobile phone. Default Windows Media Player remote profiles for many makes of mobile phone are included in the Vectir setup. They are also available for download below:
- Nokia touch screen Windows Media Player Remote Profile
- Touch screen Windows Media Player Remote Profile (All other touch screen phones)
- Blackberry QWERTY Windows Media Player Remote Profile (All QWERTY models - i.e. Bold, Curve)
- Blackberry Pearl Windows Media Player Remote Profile
- Motorola Windows Media Player Profile
- Generic Windows Media Player Remote Profile (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and all others)
View the Vectir PC software help file for instructions on how to import a remote profile.
All of the default remote profiles may be customised by the user. The profile design may be modified and new commands may be added.