Winamp Remote Control
Vectir supports full Winamp remote control from your mobile phone or IR controller. Skip tracks, load playlists, adjust the volume plus control player functions such as shuffle and repeat. The Vectir client application also lets you browse and search playlists from your mobile phone. To run the Vectir mobile application you will need a mobile phone that supports Java and WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Player Commands
- Play/Pause, Stop, Next Track, Previous Track, Forward 10s, Back 10s, Toggle Shuffle, Toggle Repeat
- Playlist Commands
- Load Playlist, Next Playlist, Previous Playlist
- The Vectir Winamp plugin lets you specify a directory on your harddrive that holds your playlists. The playlists in this directory may then be browsed and opened from your mobile phone.
- Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Preset Volume
- Toggle Visuals, Toggle Full Screen, Window Min/Max, Restart Application, Close Application
Winamp Remote Profiles
If you wish to control Winamp from your mobile phone, you will need the correct remote profile for your phone activated in the Vectir PC software. Default Winamp remote profiles for most makes of mobile phone are included in the Vectir setup. You may also download below:
- Nokia touch screen Winamp Remote Profile
- Touch screen Winamp Remote Profile (All other touch screen phones)
- Blackberry QWERTY Winamp Remote Profile (All QWERTY models - i.e. Bold, Curve)
- Blackberry Pearl Winamp Remote Profile
- Motorola Winamp Remote Profile
- Generic Winamp Remote Profile (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and all others)
View the Vectir PC software help file for instructions on how to import a remote profile.