iTunes Remote Control
Vectir provides full remote control of iTunes from your mobile phone or IR remote control. Load playlists, skip tracks, adjust the volume and control the main player controls such as Play/Pause. If controlling iTunes from the Vectir mobile application, you may also remotely search iTunes playlists and select tracks. A mobile phone that supports Java and Bluetooth or WiFi is required if you wish to run the Vectir mobile application.
- Player Commands
- Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Stop, Forward 10s, Back 10s, Toggle Repeat, Toggle Shuffle
- Playlist Commands
- Load Playlist, Next Playlist, Previous Playlist
- Volume Commands
- Volume Up, Volume Down, Preset Volume, Mute
- Window/Visual Commands
- Toggle Full Screen, Toggle Visuals, Window Min/Max, Close Application, Restart Application
A new feature to view iTunes album art from the Vectir mobile application is under development. An album selection menu will also be available soon.
iTunes Remote Profiles
In order to control iTunes from your mobile phone, you will require the correct remote profile to be activated in the Vectir PC software. The Vectir setup includes default remote profiles suitable for most mobile phones. They can also be downloaded below:
- Nokia touch screen iTunes Remote Profile
- Touch screen iTunes Remote Profile (All other touch screen phones)
- Blackberry QWERTY iTunes Remote Profile (All QWERTY models - i.e. Bold, Curve)
- Blackberry Pearl iTunes Remote Profile
- Motorola iTunes Profile
- Generic iTunes Remote Profile (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and all others)
View the Vectir PC software help file for instructions on how to import a remote profile.